- Acadia Disposal District (ADD) is a non-profit, non-taxable, quasi-municipal corporation, owned by the member towns, which are currently Cranberry Isles, Frenchboro, Mount Desert, Tremont, and Trenton.
- ADD keeps abreast of changes in trash disposal and recycling – assisting member towns as needed.
- ADD is organized and governed by a Board of Directors:
- Each town has one representative, appointed by the Town.
- Each town is represented equally and gets one vote on the Board.
- Member costs are proportional to the amount of municipal solid waste from each town.
Benefits to the member towns: ADD’s goals and plans include:
- Reduced operating costs by:
• spreading costs out over more users and then distributing those costs based on volume of trash from each town.
• utilizing new methods of disposal and benefiting from operating on a regional basis.